Ruth and Tony Salerno and their three sons, Mark, Michael, and Anthony organized Windy City Amusements in 1977. Our family has better than 100 years of combined experience in the Amusement Industry.
The whole family is active in associations and organizations which promote safety and good business practice, such as:
- Members of Local Chambers of Commerce
- St. Louis Showman’s League of America
- Chicago Amusement Business Association
- Showman's League of America (SLA)
- Outdoor Amusement Business Association (OABA)
- Illinois Association of Agricultural Fairs (IAAF)
- Gibsonton (Florida) Showman’s League
- International Association of Fairs & Expositions (IAFE)
In the past, we have made many achievements in our industry including:
- Helped write the first Inspection Ride Checklist for the Chicago Business Association and Suburban Building Conference.
- Cosponsored the 1983 Ride Inspection Seminar in the Northwest Municipal Conference.
- Conducted round table discussions on Safety and Maintenance at the 1985 annual Illinois Agricultural Fair Convention.
- Cosponsored Amusement Ride Safety Inspection Seminar in 1984 with Elk Grove Village Fire Department.
- Organized a Ride Inspection Seminar for the Illinois Volunteer Firefighters Association, 1985.
- Licensed, professional electrician on duty at all times.
Best Safety record in Illinois!